Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rocking the Gym... I'm Back!!!


  • Good Evening My Friends!!!
    I have been working hard and hitting the gym.  The other day I told you about my Saturday workout and here are the stats from Saturday!!
     
    BodyMedia FIT data for April 2, 2011
    Calories Burned - 4190 | Calories Consumed - 2348 | Total Activity - 2:37 | Moderate Activity - 0:57 | Vigorous Activity - 1:40 | Steps Taken - 20884 | Sleep Duration - 8:21 | Lying Down - 9:26 | Sleep Efficiency - 89%
     
    I did take Sunday off to rest after my first two days at the gym.  I woke up Sunday with a migraine so I slept in and took it easy most of the day.  It turned out to be a nice relaxing day and time to prepare for the week.
     
    BodyMedia FIT data for April 3, 2011
    Calories Burned - 2511 | Calories Consumed - 2343 | Total Activity - 0:02 | Moderate Activity - 0:02 | Vigorous Activity - 0:00 | Steps Taken - 1738 | Sleep Duration - 8:16 | Lying Down - 9:18 | Sleep Efficiency - 89%

    Monday morning and I was stoked to hit the gym.  I went in there with one thing in mind and that was to ROCK the gym and I did just that.  I was at the gym by 8:30 AM and didn't leave until just before 11AM.  The rest of my exercise came from brisk walking throughout the day.
     
    My workout was:
    Treadmill: 30min @ 3.8
    Recumbent Cross-trainer: 1 hr @ 7
    UBE - arm bike: 15min 
    Elliptical: 30 @ 2 resistance and 2 incline
    Walking laps in gym
     
    Check out what I did on my third day working out at the gym...yes I did... I had a 5000 calorie burn day!! Holy Cow!!  It was getting late in the evening and I looked down at my display and Iwas about 200 calories from making 5000 so here I was just before midnight jogging in place in my room...lol.
    AWESOME!!!!
     
    BodyMedia FIT data for April 4, 2011
    Calories Burned - 5032 | Calories Consumed - 2590 | Total Activity - 3:33 | Moderate Activity - 1:47 | Vigorous Activity - 1:46 | Steps Taken - 24916 | Sleep Duration - 4:26 | Lying Down - 5:55 | Sleep Efficiency - 75%
     
    Tuesday I decided to take it a little easy after pushing so hard on Monday and burning over 5000 calories for the day.  Okay well I tried to take it easy...lol It was another very good day with yet again over 4000 calories burned!!
     
    My Workout:
    Treadmill :30 min @ 3.8
    Recumbent Cross-trainer- 45min @ 10
    Elliptical: 30 @ 2 In & 2 Res
     
    BodyMedia FIT data for April 5, 2011
    Calories Burned - 4264 | Calories Consumed - 2112 | Total Activity - 2:34 | Moderate Activity - 1:41 | Vigorous Activity - 0:53 | Steps Taken - 14618 | Sleep Duration - 5:08 | Lying Down - 5:29 | Sleep Efficiency - 94%
     
     
    So this morning I woke up and feeling rather tired.  I haven't been pushing my body this hard in a while.  I had every intention of going to the gym but wasn't sure how well I was going to do but I managed to pull off a pretty good workout.  I changed up my order a little and away I went.  I am just trying to get my stamina up before I start doing Zumba again.  I plan to start more of the weight machines in the next few days as well but this was how I started the first time around so I knew what I was comfy with.  What has amazed me is that even though I haven't done much the last 3 or 4 months I didn't lose nearly as much muscle as I thought I had.  I am still able to push myself at a decent pace.  Today was great my exercise buddy came in and I hadn't seen him since I started back.  He is an older man who does the cross-trainer with me and tells me he is going to bring me donuts to keep me coming to the gym.  lol.  When we saw each other I have to say our faces both lit up... he made my day by giving me a hug.  It was great seeing old faces this week.  I see all the Zumba girls heading to the back room and want to join but I really need a couple weeks or so under my belt again before hitting that class... Amy would tear me up...lol!!!  I put in a good hour and a half at the gym today and then have done extra walking.  Stay tuned for stats for today.  Over all I'm off to a great start with each day going to the gym has been over 4000 calories burned in a day.  My food choices are getting better and I am feeling great!!  I am happy and excited and ready to see some change in the scales soon.  After work today I got my hair cut and colored... a new woman is headed your way so watch out!!!



    Funny:
    GOOD NEWS: CHEESECAKE IS NOT FATTENING (provided you get sufficient physical exercise)....LIKE RUNNING A MARATHON!




3 comments:

  1. Awesome stats!! I was excited to hit a 3000 day...I can't imagine a 5000 burn day!! Good to see other midwestern people on here. I was born in KS but now live on the MO side of KC.

    Congrats on getting back at it...I am starting again in earnest by challenging myself with Fatgirl vs World's #gothedist challenge. So far I've walked 17 miles of the 100 I challenged myself to walk this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those numbers just blow my mind! I burn nearly 3000 on a non-workout day so I KNOW if I pushed myself here or there I could hit those numbers! You inspired me to give it a whirl :) You also make me miss the gym lol, I LOVED going at 5 a.m. and working out and getting it done before my day started. Still trying to figure out how to fit it all in now that hubby has two jobs, can't go at 5 anymore and I work 6-6 and they have no child care in the evenings. It has NOT stopped me from working out - I am working out hard - but it has kept me from the gym which was always one of my favorite places to be :)

    You really did rock it! GREAT JOB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over 4000 calories? Wow! I envy you. Can't do that as of now since I'm so tied up with work. All I can do for now is to follow a diet.. Will get back to your blog once I start getting more physical in my weight loss journey. :)


    ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete