Monday, August 23, 2010

Zumba Class

Hello Everyone!  This last week has been really good.  I started getting back to the gym on a regular basis and feel really great about that.  It's a positive thing that I need in my life right now.  So on Thursday I decided to do Pilates at the gym and that was an interesting but fun.  I definitely needed to get into some group exercise and to start working on firming up my jelly belly...lol.  Pilates went well so on Friday I did Zumba Toning and then Hoop Dance.  All three classes I found fun but especially the Zumba.  Funny thing is my body used to be able to move like that but not anymore so hopefully I will be shaking and jiggling my rear end in a good way soon. 
By Friday afternoon I was feeling the pain and stiffness and then I went bowling for a High School fundraiser Friday night and was really hurting when I left there at midnight.  Come Saturday morning I couldn't hardly move and couldn't help but make my own squeaking noises every time I had to use them sore muscles...lol.  My husband found this very funny and teased me.
On Sunday I was only a little achy now and then and was doing much better but wished I had at least done some walking on Saturday instead of just sitting around licking my wounds.  Today I went to the full Zumba class and realized how fast that skinny string bean instructor actually goes....lol.  She moves like the speed of light and boy did I get a workout trying to keep up.  She was really proud of me and said so at the end of the class.  I never gave up and kept moving regardless of  whether I was making the right steps or not.  Good thing America's Funniest Home Video wasn't there cuz they would have had a good show.  I burned 782 Calories during that hour of Zumba class then I did 25 minutes on the recumbent cross trainer.  Woohoo!  I have met all of my targets today and did so by 5pm which was totally sweet!  I hope you have had a good day...chat soon.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS....this is so real & I can only imagine how many people can relate to your journey! How cool are YOU!!!! Ummmmm....."skinny string bean instructor"....hahahahaha....you have me rolling on floor laughing! LOVE IT!! Can I share some of your comments...thanks for sharing this with me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BYE the way....WOW! Look at you....you are beautiful...hope I look like you at 40!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bet! You motivate me and I would be honored if you shared with others. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete