Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm Back!!!

Life I refuse to let you win this battle!  Last time I was here I apologized for my absence and told you I would be back... well here is how my story went from there.  After  feeling horrible for not making it to the gym forever and dealing with my depression and thyroid I finally made it to the gym about 3 1/2 weeks ago.  I had a great workout and felt great to be there.  When I left the gym I walked to my daughters trunk in the parking lot and down I went.  I stepped on an uneven seam in the concrete and twisted my left ankle.... just my luck.  I couldn't believe it I finally pushed myself to go back and face the gym and what happens... my stupid ankle...lol.
So for the last three weeks or so I have worked long hours 12 to 14 hrs a day at times getting ready for school to start back up and I was either on my feet a lot training a new driver or sitting on my butt behind a desk.  Standing wasn't good on my ankle and sitting for long hours wasn't good on my back, poor posture and all.  School started on the 12th so my hours would be going back to normal fairly quick and I was ready to visit the gym.  On Friday I posted on Facebook that I planned to go to the gym Saturday morning... that was me making myself be accountable to follow through.  So Saturday I had a really good workout and am excited to say I made it to the gym again today even though with the schedule I working right now I only got 40 min in but I was still able to reach my targets for the day.
So anyway that is the long short of my recent issues and I plan to go to the gym as much as I can even if  only for 30 or 40 minutes a day until my schedule allows for more.  I must get back on track because I am behind my weight loss pace for losing 100 lbs in 1 year or less... 2 lbs a week.  Hope all of you are doing well and I will try and start checking in on your blogs... I need the inspiration.  Thanks to all you have hung out waiting for me to appear again.

No comments:

Post a Comment