Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Damp Day

Today started out damp and cool I was a bit achy from my exercise from the two previous days. I really didn't want to get out of the bed this morning...anyone else have that problem? I'm trying to find ways to keep my body moving more so in between routes I have five minutes down time so while sitting there I did little stretches etc. I have just not been a very physically active person the last few years and so I guess that's why my Bus Drivers butt has gotten so big...lol. I have got to start moving more even the little things will help me in the long run.
I ended up covering a noon route as a bus aide so I had to put mid-day exercise off other than a little walking here and there. My Daughter Janaya met me after work to exercise at Emporia Fitness. I had a bad case of heartburn before going and was a little concerned it would affect my workout but luckily it didn't. I suffer from G.E.R.D. so I should have been prepared for the episode but oops I wasn't. Glad that turned out okay.
We put in 35 min on the treadmill and about 15 min on the recumbent cross trainer. I was really tired and worried I wouldn't be able to complete our planned workout but I did fight through it. When we left I was soaked with sweat, panting, red in the face and even though I struggled it felt good to finish. Doug (my hubby) wanted to know why I was the only one sweating...lol.
After getting home I parked my tubby butt in the recliner and put my feet up...ahhh. A little later I got the exercise ball out and did 50 sit-ups. Boy they are a lot easier on the ball than the floor and I could still feel them working plus it was entertainment for the dogs and Jamison who were watching me.
I am going to start sharing my daily numbers as displayed by my armband. These will be given the following day so that I report accurate numbers. So here are yesterdays final numbers.

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 5000 steps and 30 min moderate exercise

Actual for 3/23/2010: 4120 calories burned, 11898 steps and 91 min moderate exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment