Sunday, March 28, 2010

Made up today for yesterday

Good Evening I hope this finds you all well.  I got up bright and early today and the kids and I made it to Church today for the first time in the last couple of weeks.  Right after Church got out at 1pm the two girls and I hit the gym and put in a full hour working hard.  I put in 30 min on the treadmill at a nice fast pace then an additional 30 min on the recumbent cross trainer with no break and just pushed myself hard. 
It is true what they say that when someone thinks they can't continue if they keep pushing they will break through that wall and get a second wind... that happened to me today.  I was on the cross trainer and both girls were to my right and they were slowing and asking when we were going to stop and I said in another 15 min.  They were counting down the minutes and I got my second wind... I started smiling and next thing you know I'm telling the girls to pick up the pace...lol.  It was a great feeling to be the fat mom telling the two skinny daughters to pick it up and keep moving. I left there today with a great feeling of accomplishment.
I hope I remember that feeling when I feel like crap and don't want to exercise.  This is exactly why I decided to start blogging.  I've never been good at writing in a journal so this is a neat way to document my day to day activities and feelings where I can come back and read it again later as well as share with others.  Well it's time for me to share my numbers from yesterday but please keep in mind that I had little to no aerobic exercise.

Here are yesterdays final numbers:
Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 5000 steps and 30 min moderate exercise

Actual for 3/27/2010: 2802 calories burned, 4524 steps, 19 min moderate exercise and 0 min vigorous exercise 

No comments:

Post a Comment