Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The tough get going

When the going gets tough, the tough  get going.  I need to make that my motto and not allow the stress of life to overwhelm me.  I got off to a decent start today and after route I hit the gym hard and I do mean hard.  I didn't want any excuse to not exercise for at least one full hour. 
I spent 35 min on the treadmill going up and down steep hills and it was at a good fast pace for these chubby legs of mine.  After that I went directly to the recumbent cross trainer and pushed it hard for an additional 35 minutes.  I was sopping wet when I left there but I will admit to feeling much better than when I started. 
I am scared to try the elliptical because of my knees... that and the fact most machines have a went limit of 250lbs.  I need an industrial strength machine and I don't want to walk up and say " Hey will this thing hold me or will I break it" lol.
I have decided at least for now just to concentrate on cardio mainly from the treadmill and the cross trainer until I lose more weight and my body has strengthened.  I can still do my exercise ball and stretches at home as well as my wii fit workouts.
My diet was also pretty good today and I didn't get all of my fluids in but almost.  It sure was a beautiful day today... windy but beautiful!  I will continue to work on being tougher of body, mind and spirit.  I hope that someday what I am going through can help someone else do the same thing.  Until later..
Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 5000 steps and 30 min moderate exercise

Actual for 3/29/2010: 3413 calories burned, 7,784 steps, 37 min moderate exercise and 08 min vigorous exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment