Thursday, October 7, 2010

Challenge day #1

Okay so I woke up this morning thinking I was going to go do Pilates for the first time in forever when I realized... oh crap I have a dental appointment at the dental hygiene school.   So after my route I had to make a mad dash over there and didn't leave until it was time for me to be back at work.  Worst part was I was laying the whole time with my feet higher than my head.... that doesn't help burn calories...lol.
I am proud to say that I did log all of my foods today and was depressed when doing so.  I could definitely tell I had been in a rut of "food logging failure" and boy this was eye opening.   I thought I could be lazy and leave out a step and close would be good enough but it's not.  We think we know how many calories we take in but we don't.  In just a few short months I had forgotten this major step already.  Why do we wear the armband and make the effort to exercise if we are unwilling to finish the process.  If we bake a cake and forget the eggs or the sugar... the cake won't turn out right.  Well if we exercise and we don't monitor our intake then we can't lose and get healthy.  What we eat is just as important as the exercise.  I don't eat horrible but I don't eat as good as I should.  For example today since I left dentist in a rush to get back to work I grabbed a Crispy Chicken Cesar Salad from McD's which with Dressing is about 510 calories... not too bad even with crispy chicken instead of grilled.  Without even thinking I ordered a large root beer... no not diet...that glass of root beer cost me over 400 calories...yiks!  Needless to say between the pop at noon and pizza for supper my diet wasn't good today.  My calorie deficit will be better tomorrow it has to be if I am going to change my ways.
Now for good news of the day... three or four times in the last twenty four hours I have been told how I'm thinning out and looking good.  Thanks to those who made my day... it feels great to know that people can SEE the results and compliments just feed my desire to fight harder.
Please respond and let me know how your day #1 went.  If at first we don't succeed try try again and soon enough you will win.  Have a great evening and please keep smiling!

1 comment:

  1. you are so right. I have been doing the same thing. I wear the band but not fulling all the requirments. That is why my cake never bakes right. ;) This morning is my start of day 1. I'm one day behind you. hopes are good and after reading your blog even better. Have a great day and thanks.
    B

    ReplyDelete