Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Challenge day #7 and Day #3 4000 Cal. burn

Howdy there...I don't know about you but I haven't been getting enough sleep and it's catching up with me.  It seems like I can't get more than like 4 or 5 hrs of sleep these days.  My daughter started a new job and tends to have to close... getting off at 11pm ends up being almost midnight on a school night and I end up staying awake most of the time waiting for her to call instead of going to bed and then waking to go get her.  Anyway...it's something I need to work on, getting more sleep that is.
My schedule was different today with supervisors out of town etc so I spent a lot more time parked in front of a computer on my fanny instead of  walking back and forth through the bus lot checking my bus out making sure it was ready for route.  When I went to the gym this morning I walked a few laps in the basketball court before Zumba... helps to get the blood flowing.  Zumba went well however my arms and legs felt like they each weighed an extra10 lbs...lol.  There are a couple newer songs that require extremely fast movement and I struggled to keep up but I did what I could and follow Amy's advice, if you get lost confused or can't do it that's okay just keep moving until you can.  There were a couple times I had my feet a going but they were doing what I was trying to make them do so I marched in place until I picked it up again.  I now know that I have hips because I could feel the joints and muscles from either the running from yesterday or the stair climber machine.  Not bad pain at all just could definitely tell I found some new muscles to use.  I did not run or do the stair climb today because I was just feeling extra drained and I didn't want to injure myself.  I am happy to report that my knees didn't bother me today at the gym only a little achy tonight. 
My calories have been logged and my 1500 calorie deficit has been met and I will make my 4000 Calorie burn today despite a shorter time at the gym and more office time sitting.  I am on track and if I can keep up this pace I'm sure to start seeing more results soon.  I am running out of healthier foods to eat because I'm pretty broke these days so I won't have a lot of food choices and will have to eat what I have and just watch my portion sizes.  I hate that anything good for you costs twice as much as whats bad for you.  All in all I had another great day and as always gotta love Zumba.  Keep working hard at your goals... half the battle is mental. 

No comments:

Post a Comment