Thursday, October 21, 2010

Challenge day #14

What a beautiful day it was today, too bad half of my day was indoors sitting and teaching.  I was up and off to work to teach Special Needs to a couple of drivers.  It was nice and quiet at work with only a handful of us working today.  The only part I disliked was the fact that I spent from 6am to 10am sitting and burning very very few calories.  As soon as I finished class Becky D and I headed for the gym to put in an hours workout.  I really struggled at the gym this morning, not sure why.  I just didn't seem to have the oomph to get my vigorous like I usually do.  I did manage to get like 18 minutes of vigorous this morning.
After our workout it was back to work for both us... Becky to her desk and me in a bus riding with a trainee around town and on the highway testing them. It made for a nice calm afternoon however the more I thought about it the more I realized I wasn't burning anything today... yiks!  It was gonna have to be a two round day at the gym and based on this mornings performance I was a little worried that even with a second visit I would be lacking in calorie burn.  I was only a little over 2000 calories when I got off work and got ready for the gym and I needed at least a 3500 calorie day.
Well when I got home after work I could tell the boys needed a little separation time from each other so I asked Jaden my youngest if he wanted to go to the gym with me and he got all excited. First thing when we got there we both hopped on the treadmill.  I got him all set up and the little turkey decided he wasn't going as fast as the guy running on one of the other machines and so he turned up the speed and.... yup you guessed it went right off the back of the treadmill.  He wasn't hurt and I wasn't worried but sure scared the poor young guy working....lol.  After that he got back on and we hooked the emergency stop string to him... he didn't like that at all.  Pretty soon he went to the gymnasium and played soccer with a gal that works the then he joined me on the bikes.  I got another 7 miles in there at resistance level 10 so that was a good feeling.  While I was on the bike he did some then got on the elliptical and loved it!  I took some pics of him and they are on my facebook profile... what a cute boy he is.
Well here it is shortly after 10:30 pm and I have burned over 3600 calories and 15000+ steps for the day.  It was a tough road today but at the same time it was a lot of fun.  I am proud of myself for getting to the gym on one of those unusual work days that normally throw me off routine.  My eating was good today and food has been logged.  I have now made my 1500 calorie deficit and so I'm a happy camper!  Tomorrow I have the day off, however it is planned to be a very busy day so we will see how things go for me.  The boys want to go to Zumba class with me tomorrow morning so it should be a fun morning.
It's getting late and if I plan to be able to shake it in Zumba tomorrow morning I had better get some sleep.  To all of you I hope you have had a productive day and that you are enjoying the weather.  Did you pay it forward yesterday or today?  If not... now is your chance.  Love you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment