Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Challenge day #12

Today was a very good Tuesday!  Work got off to a good start and then off to the gym I went.  My goal for the day at the gym was to work on my lower body as much as possible.  There was no Zumba class today so I was on my own.  Here is what I did:

30 minutes Treadmill walking incline intervals = 2 miles
30 minutes Recumbent Bike (resistance level 10) = 7 miles
45 minutes Recumbent Cross Trainer -level 7 over 5000 steps

It felt great to leave there knowing I pushed hard on the bike.  It has been a long time since I have been on the bike so 7 miles was good and the resistance made it even better.  I find myself enjoying the challenge of pushing myself a little harder and then realizing that I can do it!  I ran through the drivers room this morning without even knowing I was doing it.  I was trying to catch a driver before they went to their bus.  I think I shocked several people because they were all like... you just ran... and I said yes I did I can run now...lol.  It was funny and simple and not a big deal but at the same time it was huge for me.  My friend Becky was right... at time I just want to jog across the lot or run across the room.  I doubt I will ever be one for running for miles just to run but then again you never know. 
It was a beautiful day today and the rest of my afternoon consisted of training with a new driver and then driving my afternoon routes.  My bus is in the shop and my elementary kids keep asking me how many different buses I have...lol. 
Today was the first day of Parent teacher Conferences and so Justen and I walked to the school for his teacher conferences.  Its nice to make a choice to walk here and there instead of always just jumping in the car to drive 6 blocks.  Can you tell how lazy I was.  Tomorrow I will not get much in for exercise.  It's School Bus Driver Appreciation Day so we have a special meeting at 9am when I would normally be going to Zumba class.  I will have about an hour off and then I will be training until afternoon route time.  I will do my best to get a little something in but will just have to play it by ear. 
How was your day?  Are you fighting to win?  Enjoy the weather and lets make the best of what we have!

1 comment:

  1. wow....you are looking fabulous....keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete