Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Challenge day #6 and Day #2 4000 Cal. burn

Okay so where do I start...today was a really good day!  I got up excited that I'm making progress on my food logging and my calorie deficit.  Hoping to see some results in the coming weeks.  So far I'm on top of this week and planning to conquer it... so watch out week you are on my list!!
My breakfast was a whole wheat bagel with some light cream cheese on it... yum!!  For lunch I had a chicken cesar salad and carrots. Supper was fish...and veggies.  My calorie intake was under 2000 and I drank plenty of water.  I know that watching my calories closer helps me pay closer attention to what I'm eating so if I want to eat something I have to make sure I have enough available calories allotted.
So I went to the gym and here is what I did today.  I was on the treadmill walking when Becky responded to my post from yesterday about what to do for trimming down my butt and thighs.  She told me to try doing some running.  I have to be really honest here, I haven't ran anywhere for anything in years.  I used to run in track when I was in high school but that has been over 20 yrs ago.  I decided what the heck I will at least give it a try so I did.  I ran for one minute and walked for two minutes and ran for one and so on.  I actually ran a total of seven minutes today for the very first time, then I  did ten minutes on the stair climber, another first.  After those two I put in a full hour on the recumbent cross trainer and then ten minutes on the elliptical machine.  I left the gym almost in tears... not sad or painful tears but happy ones because I did something new and felt awesome about it.  I really was happy that I have lost enough weight to try these things and not stop just because I gave up... it was a great feeling.
So here we go...21 day challenge - Calories logged and well within proper weight loss range.  I have more than a 1500 calorie deficit today and I'm going to hit my 4000 calorie burn target for the second day in a row.  Life is good.  I have iced my knees this evening and looking forward to some serious Zumba tomorrow!  How was your day?  Did you find the strength to reach your daily goal?  If not set a small one for tomorrow and join the fun.  Have a great evening and as always smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment