Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Challenge day #20

First off a Happy Birthday to my very special granddaughter Sasha who would have been 2 yrs old today.  She passed away May 3rd 2010 due to complications dealing with her Congenital Heart Defect.  She is a very beautiful little angel.  My children and I celebrated her birthday by going to the cemetery talking to her and singing to her.  It was a great way to celebrate her life instead of dwelling on missing her so much. 
Today was also day 20 of the 21 day challenge and I was feeling very good.  Life is looking up and my weight is looking down...hehehe.  I weighed in this morning at 253.5 lbs... so that's a total of 54 lbs down now...yehaw!!  I have finally broken through that wall that has had me for several weeks yoyoing between 257 and 259lbs.  I'm feeling good and looking better.  I saw a different picture of me from about a year ago and the change is amazing to see.  I wonder what I will look like a year from today?  The answer is up to me.  Will I stick to this weight loss plan and finish my loss for a healthier and happier Cheri or will I give up and go back to obese and unhappy?  I choose to keep fighting for life and health.  I have six amazing kids who drive me totally and completely nuts most of the time but I love them so much and they need a mom and I need them.
My calorie intake was good today until this evening with the bday cake but I did get my food logging in and with the time I put in at the gym I also made my 1500 calorie deficit.  I made my 15000 step a day challenge as well, so all is good in the world of weight loss .  I am in a bit of a panic however because all of my long pants from last year are way too big on me so I'm gonna have to try and come up with some pants to wear now that cooler temps are approaching very quickly. Thank goodness for draw string mens sweats...lol.
Well I'm gonna head for bed early this evening and catch a little extra rest.  I hope you all have been working hard on your 21 day challenge if you participated.  If not this time I'm sure that Amy will give us another challenge soon.  If you smile that makes everything better I know this to be true... that's how I make it sometimes when things get really rough.  So if you are struggling just smile!

Song:
If you chance to meet a frown, do not let it stay
Quickly turn it upside down and smile that frown away.
No one likes a frowning face, change it for a smile
Make the world a better place by smiling all the while.

No comments:

Post a Comment