Saturday, June 12, 2010

Down 30 lbs.!!!

Good Evening!  I made it, I have now lost 30 lbs!I wanted to lose 30 lbs before going to bus road-e-o on Tuesday.  I am technically still 5 lbs behind where I should be but all things considering I am very happy with where I'm at.  I still have Sat., Sun. and Mon. to go so we'll see where I am by then.  I am working extremely hard to fight back and I'm just plain excited about my achievements.
I was up at 6:30am on a Saturday, what was I thinking...lol.  I had a chance to sleep in as I usually try to do on the weekends but I was up and getting ready to head for Emporia Fitness.  Janaya and I thought they opened at 7am but they didn't open until 8am so she made me buy her breakfast...lol.  We were sitting there ready for them to open the doors at 8am.
You know by now that I go straight for the treadmill first thing and then I go to the other machines from there.  I learned something today though.  Never should I wait and do the elliptical towards the end of my workout, I thought I was gonna die before that first 10 minutes was over.  Here is how my workout went:

Treadmill - 35 minutes
Recumbent Cross-Trainer - 30 minutes
Ergo-Meter - 30 minutes
Elliptical - 30 minutes
Recumbent Bike - 20 minutes

I typically go to the ergo-meter after the treadmill then to the elliptical and then the cross-trainer but there was a guy on the ergo-meter so I was forced to change my order.  I think I would have been better off doing the elliptical and then the ergo-meter but I survived and check out my times.  Yes I did a second day in a row at 30 minutes on the elliptical and I upped my time from 20 minutes to 30 minutes on the ergo-meter.  After the elliptical I wanted to do the bike for a few but wasn't sure how well I would do but to my surprise I did really good until my toes started going numb so I stopped at 20 minutes instead of doing the full 30 minutes.  I ended up just short of 2 1/2 hours at the gym.  I knew that I needed extra gym time to make up for lack of other exercise today.
I am proud to say that I reached all of my BodyMedia fit targets before 6pm...yeehaw!!  Well I will keep working hard, eating better and drinking my water and soon I will be down 40 lbs instead of 30.  Have a great evening and I will check in tomorrow.

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3720 calories burned, 11008 steps, 60 min moderate exercise and 30 min vigorous

Actual for 6/11/2010:  4409 calories burned, 18894 steps, 1 hr 17 min moderate exercise and  1 hr 6 min vigorous exercise

3 comments:

  1. What do you do during your day? I mean, even on days when I'm running vigorously for an hour I barely break 3000.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!! I'm so happy for you that is a lot of work and it looks like you got the system down, eating right lots of water and sweat. I miss chating, I hope everything is ok. Keep up the good work. :) "B"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there fatgirl...sorry it feels weird saying that to you...lol. I am a school bus driver/trainer for a living. With school being out I'm spending 8 hrs a day behind a desk right now except when we have training to do. What you need to know is that my starting weight was 307.5 lbs and even though I'm down 30 lbs I'm still quite heavy so someone weighing less than me can do the same exact workout and burn fewer calories. This is why it is so important to have the customized targets set by you and the Armband. Becky I am so sorry I haven't been such a good friend lately I've just buried myself in work and my personal issues. I promise to do better. I miss chatting with you too.

    ReplyDelete