Friday, June 11, 2010

A Great Day!!

Today was a great day!  Work went well spent time in the office then on a bus for a little while then back to the office.  I started working on a new project late yesterday and after gathering material I started a power point on Special Needs Training.  I have until the mid July to compile and rewrite the Special Needs Program for our employees at the bus park.  I will be teaching the class at the end of July.  I'm really excited about the PowerPoint and I'm off to a good start. 
My eating was really good until this evening when we had pizza... I only ate one piece so I guess that's not too bad.  My water intake was very good... I drank my quota.  I had plenty of fruits and veggies.  I'm proud of the progress I've been making and I'm glad to know that I'm on the road to better health.
My daughter Janaya met me at  work this afternoon to go to the gym.  She wasn't real sure about the whole spending two hours at the gym thing but she hung in there and did really good.  I have to say that I graduated today!  I got on that elliptical and did not only my usual 20 minutes but I did a full 30 minutes!  Yippie!  I couldn't believe that I did it.  I am getting better, I evening stepped up my speed on the treadmill today from 3.5 to 3.8 and stuck with it.
Here is what I am noticing, I have been having trouble with my vigorous exercise... now I know why.  My body is getting healthier.  Before my heart rate would go up faster because I was so out of shape I would get winded very quickly and now I'm becoming more fit and it takes more speed to raise my heart rate.  My life is changing and slowly I'm seeing the fruits of my labor.  It won't be long and everyone else will see the change in me too.

Here was my workout today:
Treadmill - 30 minutes
Ergo-meter - 22 minutes
Elliptical - 30 minutes
Recumbent Cross-Trainer - 30 minutes
I hope you are working towards your goals too.  Just remember you are not alone, we are all in this together.  Until tomorrow take care.

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3720 calories burned, 11008 steps, 60 min moderate exercise and 30 min vigorous

Actual for 6/10/2010:  3229 calories burned, 6028 steps, 36 min moderate exercise and  0 min vigorous exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment