Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rough Tuesday

Hello again.... today was a good day but I wasn't so sure first thing this morning. I woke up late and was really frustrated because I needed to study before class.  After I made it to work I got right into looking over notes etc from yesterday to prepare for teaching Medic First Aid.  I was not feeling prepared for class at all but I'm proud to say that we all did good co-teaching and we are now certified to teach on our own...woohoo.
Class ended just as my eight hours was over so I ate a quick snack before heading to the gym.  I really struggled at the gym today.  I did my usual and started on the treadmill but just couldn't keep the pace that I usually do.  I felt so tired and exhausted.  I fought the whole time I was at the gym and barely made my vigorous exercise target for 30 minutes.  I thought I was going to die before I reached it...lol.  I did put in just under 2 hrs at the gym working out so I'm proud that I hung in there as long as I did.  It was a very difficult day.  Here is what I did today:

Treadmill - 30 minutes
Ergo-meter - 20 minutes
Elliptical - 20 minutes
Recumbent Cross-trainer - 35 minutes

Ohh another thing... I did the elliptical for another 20 minutes today.  The first ten minutes were rough but the second ten got a little easier.  My legs feel like jello when I get off but I think within the next week or so i should be able to do 30 minutes.  I hope tomorrow in the gym is not such a fight.  Eating and water intake were both good today so we'll wait and see how it goes.

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3720 calories burned, 11008 steps, 60 min moderate exercise and 30 min vigorous

Actual for 6/7/2010:  4289 calories burned, 20096 steps, 1 hr 32 min moderate exercise and 1 hr 1 min vigorous exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment