Monday, June 21, 2010

Lost my pants today

Well hello there... how was your day?  My day was good from start to finish.  I really felt bad today because I didn't get any exercise in yesterday.  I want to keep Sunday's as rest but I want to exercise so I don't sit around and eat crap I shouldn't be eating.  Hummm what to do what to do.
Well off to work i went feeling good this morning.  I spent all eight hours sitting at the computer working and just didn't get much walking, moving around or anything.  I ate plenty of fruits and veggies as well as all of my water for the day.  My eating habits overall was very good.
I need to call the Dr. tomorrow because my hair is falling out and my voice is hoarse etc.  This is usually a sign that my thyroid meds need to be upped because my thyroid has shut down more.  The confusing thing is that I have been exercising regularly and eating better as well as losing weight so why would my thyroid get worse instead of better?  Who knows but I have had the draggy butts lately too.  The other thought is that maybe I have just plain shocked my thyroid into completely stopping.  I have had my thyroid meds upped like 2 or 3 times in last year or so.
So after work I went to the gym by myself to exercise.  I thought I felt pretty good and seemed to have a good amount of energy but boy I had a hard time making my vigorous exercise target.  I did all the same levels and speeds and I was huffing and puffing but just wasn't quite up to vigorous like I usually am.  I must have been more worn out than I thought I was.  I ended up with two minutes of vig from the treadmill and  four minutes from the ergo-meter and another four from the elliptical so when I got to the recumbent cross-trainer I fought and fought and fought to reach 30 minutes.  I made it but it wasn't without a struggle.  Here is what I got in exercise today.

Treadmill - 30 minutes
Ergo-meter - 30 minutes
Elliptical - 30 minutes
Recumbent Cross-Trainer - 45 minutes

Okay so do you want to hear my embarrassing moment for the day?  I was on the elliptical and about 10 minutes into my 30 minutes when I felt something on my backside.  I thought it was just the seam in my exercise pants so I ignored it.  After another 5 minutes or so it became a greater sensation so I reach my hand back only to find out that my pants were almost completely off of my butt.  If that wasn't bad enough I had not one, not two but three men and one lady on the treadmills behind me.  OMG I am so embarrassed!  I probably scarred those young men for life.  So now that I know what's going on I still have fifteen more minutes on the elliptical and I'm fighting to reach my vig. target for the day while trying to hold my pants up.  So here is my question.  Is it a good sign of weight loss when you exercise and lose your pants at the gym?  Lol  I just couldn't look back at them to see the looks on thier faces I tried really hard to just face forward and pretend nothing had happened.  Boy will they have a story to tell, it's just a good thing I had unders on...lol.
I always feel a sense of accomplishment when I leave the gym and sometimes I feel like staying until I absolutely can't go anymore but I do have a family at home so I have to leave.  It does feel good to take care of myself though.  Well it's time to say goodnight.  I hope your days was as good as mine...just keep your shorts on and all will be good.  Have a great evening chat with you later.  My numbers for yesterday are rather scary.

Here are yesterdays numbers:
Targets set by Armband: 3720 calories burned, 11008 steps, 60 min moderate exercise and 30 min vigorous

Actual for 6/20/2010: 2230 calories burned, 846 steps, 0 min moderate exercise and 0 min vigorous exercise

3 comments:

  1. You are to funny ! What a great story and now your hard work is really showing, if your clothes are falling off. Keep up the great work! "B" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to buy some new pants and yes they will have drawstrings...lol.

    ReplyDelete