Saturday, June 19, 2010

Not as much time at the gym

Good Evening... how was your day?  If everyone prepared for Father's Day tomorrow?  I hope so.  Well I got to sleep in this morning which i really needed.  I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open last night while I was writing my blog.  It has been a good day.
Janessa and Jamison had bowling league at 10AM so I dropped them off and headed for Emporia Fitness.  When I got there I was called over my three elderly ladies that I visit with every two or three days while at the gym.  They are very interested in my armband and how it's working for me.  One lady mentioned it to the other two and I got to explain all about it.  They encouraged me to keep up the good work and that they were proud of me.  I told them I was proud of them and that seeing them there helps me stay motivated.  So after chatting with them for a few I lost about 15 minutes of exercise time but it was a sacrifice that was worth it.

Here is what I got in:

Treadmill - 30 minutes
Ergo-Meter - 20 minutes
Elliptical - 30 minutes
Recumbent Cross-Trainer - 15 minutes

I really needed more time at the gym but was happy to have had time for that.  My kids finished about 20 minutes earlier than I had planned.  We planned to go to the Olpe Lake later after Janaya got off work.  Well we arrived at the lake shortly before 3PM and spent a little over 2 hours there.  It was a nice warm days and I managed to get a little sun.  I sure wish the armband was waterproof because I hate that it doesn't record what a person doesn't in the water.
My eating has not been very good today.  Seems like everything was high calorie today.  I tried to be careful but not sure how well I did.  I did drink plenty of water so that was a plus.  I may decide to go to the gym again tomorrow if I have time.  I still need to make up for the days I was gone this week. 

Here are yesterdays numbers:
Targets set by Armband: 3720 calories burned, 11008 steps, 60 min moderate exercise and 30 min vigorous

Actual for 6/18/2010: 4398 calories burned, 20624 steps, 1hr 28 min moderate exercise and 1 hr 14 min vigorous exercise

1 comment:

  1. Something is better than nothing. I had no gym time over the weekend, despite bringing gym clothing and hoping my dad would want to go.

    ReplyDelete