Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Intervals during exercise

 Okay so I woke up this morning really feeling the effects from yesterdays exercise but honestly don't get it.  I didn't exercise any harder than normal and I didn't even get as much time in as I do at other times.  I was on a website last night and read where I should probably do more intervals during exercise switching back and forth between intense and mild.  Guess what I did... yup I did intervals. 

As usual after work I headed for the gym and here is what I did:

Treadmill - 35 minutes ( incline 1 then 5 with four minutes between each change)
Recumbent Cross-Trainer - 30 minutes (resistance 5 the 7 with five minutes between each change)
Ergo-Meter - 20 minutes (10 at 60 and 10 at 90)
Elliptical - 30 minutes ( resistance 1 then 2 with ten minutes between changes)
Recumbent bike - 30 minutes (resistance 5 then 7 with four minutes between changes)

This was a nice change of pace and as you can tell I changed up the order.  I don't know if this will really make a different on how my body deals with the calorie burn but I guess we will see.  I read that your body gets used to the same thing every time and that it will stop burning calories the same as it usually does, it will still burn just not as efficiently.  The article said to keep your body confused by doing the intervals and doing different exercises etc.  Your body will start burning calories better again.
I had a really good day.  Good eating habits and plenty of fruits and veggies and water.  I hope to see a change on the scale soon.  I need more rest but it's not happening so I tend to try and make up for the lack of sleep on the weekends.  Well no exciting clothing issues today so all went well.  Hope your day was as good as mine.  I'm tired now so I'm gonna hit the hay.... chat tomorrow.

Here are yesterdays numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3720 calories burned, 11008 steps, 60 min moderate exercise and 30 min vigorous

Actual for 6/21/2010: 3956 calories burned, 18515 steps, 1 hr 46 min moderate exercise and 34 min vigorous exercise

1 comment:

  1. I am you new follower. Come visit me when you can at http://showmemama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete