Monday, June 14, 2010

I have a Confession...

I had a great day!  Boy did we have a big storm overnight.  A third of our road was washed away so I'm sure the county will be out over the next few days replacing gravel and fixing the road.  Here comes the flood waters again.  By this afternoon on the way home we had to go the long way around again...grr.  Well I guess thats what we get for living high but being surrounded by lower ground that floods.
This morning at work we practiced for our bus driving competition that starts tomorrow then I worked in the office doing inventory of summer supplies and working on my Special Needs Program power point that needs to be done by mid July.  It was a good day and it went really fast.
I have a confession.... I ate lunch at the Pizza Ranch today with a friend.  I couldn't pass up the invite from a friend so yes I ate too much fat, grease and calories at lunch.  But I made up for it by eating a Spinach salad for supper.  Baby spinach, raspberries and  Kraft light raspberry vinaigrette dressing....mmmm good, only about 120 calories on the high side.  I drank a great amount of water but did have a soda pop today.
I had a pretty decent calorie burn today before I ever made it to the gym.  Gym time was great!  I ended up with more vigorous than moderate and will be excited to share my final numbers with you tomorrow evening on today's workout. Here is what I did today:

Treadmill - 30 minutes @ 3.8 (2 miles)
Ergo-Meter - 20 minutes @ 60 (30 is hardest)
Elliptical - 30 minutes 2.18 miles
Recumbent Cross-Trainer- 30 minutes @ 6 (highest 10)

I have continued doing the 3.8 on the treadmill since Friday or Saturday and I'm still reaching vigorous much quicker.  Now that I'm doing that I make the 2 mile mark in 30 minutes almost exactly to the second.  I moved much faster on the elliptical today.  I haven't reached 2 miles in 30 minutes but once and I had to go over by about a minute but today I bumped up my pace and cleared 2 miles plus in 30 minutes...yay me!  I can feel myself getting stronger and can't wait to see where I will be in a month from now.
My workouts over the next three days will be drastically different so I may not reach my targets due to being at a work conference and just not having the time or good equipment to use.  Wish me luck.  I will do my best to keep up with some sort of exercise and my blog at night before bed.
Well I better get headed for bed because I have a long trip and then several tests tomorrow and then the driving course on Wednesday.  Keep working hard towards your goals and I will see you soon...take care.

 Here are yesterdays numbers:
Targets set by Armband: 3720 calories burned, 11008 steps, 60 min moderate exercise and 30 min vigorous

Actual for 6/13/2010: 2897 calories burned, 2627 steps, 10 min moderate exercise and 0 min vigorous exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment