Thursday, June 3, 2010

Feeling Awesome!!

Howdy!  I hope your day has been a good one.  This week is just flying by and I'm working at getting back on track.  I really worked on eating better today especially when it came to eating more fruits and veggies.  I snacked on a banana, pear and carrots for the most part.  I drank some pink grapefruit juice and drank plenty of water.  I want to make my goal of at least 30lbs lost by June 15th when I leave for Bus Road-e-o.
Today was another day at the desk working on the computer writing the manual for work.  I tried to remember to get up and walk around for a few minutes every hour or so just to stretch if nothing else.  When I printed I printed at the farthest printer so I had an excuse to walk.  My headaches are still coming and going but seem to be more manageable than last week.  The day went fairly quick and I was happy about that.
When 2pm rolled around I was stoked to go to the gym again.  I was still really proud of my accomplishment from yesterday staying on the recumbent cross trainer for a whole hour straight.  My goal for today was to get back on that elliptical and increase my time that and to complete a 2hr workout if I had the energy.  I did it!!
As usual I headed for the treadmill and knocked out 30 minutes nicely.  I then went to the ergo-meter (hand bike) and did 15 minutes there.  Then I went to the elliptical machine.  Last time I went to the one without the are poles that move back and forth and this time I wanted to try that one to keep upper body moving just as much as the lower body.  I did 10 minutes last time and this time I pushed to 15 minutes.  Wow that really works the legs!  The lights in the gym went out shortly after I started that 15 minutes which in my opinion saved other from seeing me giggle on the machine...lol.  I know i shouldn't be like that but with all the mirrors it's hard to not think about those behind me while I'm on that machine. When I finished that first hour I was starting to feel like I may not make my full 2 hrs goal for the day.  I went ahead and climbed on the recumbent cross trainer and started going in the dark.  I met an older gal on the machine next to me that told me her story of losing 100lbs in the last year or so.  She still has weight to lose but feels pretty good for the most.  She is struggling a bit herself and said that she finds herself eating even though she is not hungry.  Says her weight keeps doing the yo-yo thing up and down 10lbs or so.  It was nice to see someone who has lost what my goal is and also to see that when I meet that my lifestyle change can't end because it's easy to go back to old habits.  I knew that but in a weird way it just reconfirmed what I already knew.
Anyway the lights and fans were still out/off but the power on the machines still worked...go figure.  They must have been on a different breaker.  I visited with that gal for my first 30 minutes on the recumbent bike then she left and I completed another 30 minutes for yet another day of a full hour on the recumbent bike...yeehaw!  I was exhausted and dripping wet but felt good and was smiling when I walked out.  It was getting uncomfortable in there with no lights or fans or water refills that last hours but I survived.  It was a good thing I still had a half a bottle of water when the power went out.
I am stoked right now and my next goal is just to make it to the gym three days in a row.  Even if i don't complete a whole 2 hrs again tomorrow I am desperately trying to get myself back into a routine of going daily to the gym or almost daily.  I would like to be at the gym 5 days a week.
I am proud of my hard work today and my numbers will be good tomorrow so keep your eyes open for them.  As I told you yesterday I was going to adjust my targets to challenge me more on the days I make it to the gym.  I realize that on days I don't make it to the gym the targets will not be met but that is just part of life and I will have to deal with that.  Have a great evening and I will be here again tomorrow!

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3720 calories burned, 11008 steps, 60 min moderate exercise and 30 min vigorous

Actual for 6/2/2010: 3768 calories burned, 13968 steps,  32 min moderate exercise and 1hr 7 min vigorous exercise

2 comments: