Monday, June 7, 2010

A Good Monday

Hello there, what a Monday!  Today was a different day at work.  I was in class most of the day being trained to teach Medic First Aid instead of working at the computer for eight hours.  Don't get me wrong I was still sitting all day but it was just a nice change of pace.  This is going to be a very busy month at work lots of classes and training.  Tomorrow I will be co-teaching Fist Aid and then I will be certified to teach the class on my own...yiks!!  Okay so it's not that bad I do like to talk as most of you know, I am better at talking than I am doing this blog thing...lol.  
I told you that my goal for the week (Mon- Fri) so here was day one.  I had been at the gym for about 15 minutes when my oldest son and his girlfriend showed up.  It was really nice to see them plus I had someone to workout with for a short time.  They only spent about 35 or 40 minutes there so most of my workout was still done on my own.  Sometimes I really struggle with the fact that I don't have a buddy while at the gym but then when my daughter comes and wants to leave at an hour or less I guess I'm better off on my own because then I can stay as long as I want to.  It is depressing to me to do it all by myself though.  I am such a team player that flying solo is just not as fun for me.
I've been frustrated lately because my hubby bring donuts home for breakfast on the weekend and I can't have them.  Well I could but I've been good and haven't.  Then they fry hamburgers or fix corn dogs, bake cookies fried potatoes...grrr.  I am having a horrible time staying away from all of this especially because it's cheap food and we can't afford a lot of expensive healthy food.  I have good food fo at work but when I'm home I have to try really hard to pick the best of the worst.  I wish my body was normal and weight wasn't such a pain in the butt to deal with.
Okay so enough ranting already.  I had a great workout at the gym.  I did get on the elliptical again today even though that muscle on my leg is still tender.  I figure if I'm careful it won't get worse and besides if it started hurting too bad I could just stop.  So here is what I did at the gym:

Treadmill - 30 minutes
Ergo-meter - 20 minutes
Elliptical - 20 minutes
Recumbent Cross- trainer - 50 minutes

I kind feel like I need to switch up my workouts some but not really sure what to do.  I'm worried about my knees on some of the machines.  My knees hurt enough when I leave the gym and I don't want to cause my damage to them.  Well it's been a good day and my numbers are good.  I ate lots of fruits and veggies today and drank my quota of water.  Diet has been really good today.  Okay scales I need to see some smaller numbers this week...please!


Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3720 calories burned, 11008 steps, 60 min moderate exercise and 30 min vigorous

Actual for 6/7/2010:  3032 calories burned, 5293 steps, 35 min moderate exercise and 0 min vigorous exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment