Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dealing with the heat

Today was good but uncomfortable at times.  This was my morning to be at work at 6am instead of 6:45 so I was up and kicking bright and early at 5am.  The last two or three days of school are always long and exhausting days.  The heat and the cleaning combined just drain you.
I did make it to the gym for an hour today.  I put in 15 min on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the elliptical again and then 30 minutes on the recumbent cross trainer.  Not quite as much as yesterday but I'm happy for what I did do.  That elliptical can kick a persons butt.  Those are muscles that I haven't worked yet or as much.  Do you think if I keep it up the elliptical will make my butt smaller and firmer? I hope so because I feel sorry for the people on the machines behind me. lol  Okay so I had to say that.
After my workout I just wasn't feeling well.  I felt drained, tired and had a wave of depression but at the same time I was relieved to have gone exercising and happy.... so weird.  Soon thereafter I got a migraine and ended up taking some meds to help.  
After work I came home and laid down still dealing with the headache.  Laying down and covering my eyes helped a bit.  Maybe the heat and exercise all hit me at the same time and just overwhelmed my body.  I had so much sweat poring off my body it was unreal.  My body usually takes a good week or two to adjust to the drastic temp changes so maybe I just pushed too much when my body hadn't adjusted... who knows.  I lived and I'm okay and thats what matters.
If I make it to the gym tomorrow I will try to do 12 minutes on the elliptical. I need to see progress this weekend when I weigh in.  I need that real physical evidence that I'm slowly getting back on track.  Well I'm really tired this evening and ready to head for bed so I will drop in again tomorrow.  Hope you have had a great day!

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 40 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 5/25/2010: 4042 calories burned, 15646 steps, 1 hr 3 min moderate exercise and 37 min vigorous exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment