Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tastey Salad

Another wet rainy day today.  I want sunshine and beautiful clouds in the sky.  The ESU Health Promotions group came for another nutrition meeting today.  They served us the best darn salad I have tasted in a long time.  Raspberry Walnut Spinach Salad.  I posted a picture of the recipe card they gave us.  I have never been one to like a lot of spinach leaves in my salad because they tend to be a little bitter.  She said the key was to use baby spinach leaves.  I will be buying the fixings for this salad.... and she was right, it's like a party in your mouth.  Sweet and healthy.  Check it out I'm sure you will enjoy it.
I am really struggling with my diet these days.  I just can't seem to stick with it like I should.  I'm hoping that the motivation from the class today will help me refocus and be more determined to make better choices. 

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 40 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 5/19/2010: 3553 calories burned, 7184 steps, 58min moderate exercise and 0 min vigorous exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment