Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Glad to be called out

Okay Becky so I've been slacking and you have called me on it.... my bad!  lol  I have been ashamed of my lack of exercise and poor eating habits and haven't really had anything positive to say.  I guess I should realize that there are ups and downs and struggles everywhere in life and this journey shouldn't be any different.  I know I've had a lot on my plate recently but that is honestly no excuse for how I've been eating and for not trying harder to at least get steps in even if I'm not able to get to the gym.  If I plan to make this change permanent I need to stick with it so I don't lose and then end up fat again in a year.
Saturday I got some mild exercise in at the gym.  My knees didn't like it at all!  Sunday was spent being lazy and whining about my knees and how much they hurt.  I ate everything I knew I shouldn't be and didn't even think twice about it.  On Monday I was just exhausted from not sleeping well and not eating proper and didn't do anything.
Here it is Tuesday and I worked out!!  I was too busy on break to workout then so it was at the end of the work day.  I got in 45 min.  It's not a lot but it is something.  I have a lot of catching up to do but my knees aren't real happy with me about now.  When I fell Friday I banged them up pretty good so I will have to keep slowing increasing my time until I'm back to 1 1/2 to 2 hrs a day walking or exercising.  I need to remember me and to focus on becoming better.  This is a fight I must fight!

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 40 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 5/10/2010: 3340 calories burned, 6448 steps, 56 min moderate exercise and 0 min vigorous exercise

1 comment: