Friday, May 14, 2010

On my feet all day

I had a great day today!  This was a good Friday to be at work.  Up early and off to work and immediately started prepping for the retirement party this evening.  Boy us gals that put it together were busy busy all day long.  The party turned out great although I got talked into being the voice of the night and  running the program.  I felt a little unorganized but did good aparently and had a lot of fun.
I was really worried about how my feet with the blisters would handle the day.  I wasn't sure there would be time to go to the gym and I was right.  Check this out though.... I spent so much time running around on my feet all day that I have burned more calories today that I did yesterday after working out at the gym for an hour.  I wore a pair of close-toed sandals to work this morning and by 1pm had to change into my tennis shoes because my feet were hurting.  The rest of the work day my feet barely hurt so I was pleased.
After work I had just enough time to run home and get cleaned up and head back to work to get the video projector and computer stuff all ready for the evening.  I then had to put some dress sandals on and they felt good for a little while but after about an hour they began to really hurt.  By the time I left there and went to walmart my feet were killing me.  So here I am at home now sitting in the easy chair with my feet bare and just glad to be off them for a while.
After seeing my results for today I kinda wish I had a job where I was on my feet more so I could burn more calories faster.  My calorie intake was high for today with the dinner this evening and all so it was a good thing that my calorie burn was high as well.  Time has flown today and here it is almost 11pm and I'm just getting this done so I can head for bed.  I hope your Friday was a good one too.
Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 40 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 5/13/2010: 4005 calories burned, 13632 steps, 59 min moderate exercise and 35 min vigorous exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment