Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I tried something new today

Ohh My Gosh... it was a good day.  I slept good last night and was up with plenty of energy this morning.  Morning route went well and afterwards I met up with my oldest daughter Janaya to go to the gym.  Boy was I ready and glad I was able to go.
When I got there I headed straight for the treadmill and put in about 18 minutes before I decided to try the elliptical for the first time.  I was watching Janaya and I remember saying a few weeks back before all of the hospital stuff that I was going to try it out soon.  So with Janaya there I decided to climb on and see how my knees would do.   I'm happy to say i put in about 10 or 12 minutes on it.  That may not sound like much to some but for me that was an achievement.  I think I will start doing more on there each day.  The elliptical was much easier on my knees than the last one I tried.  I don't know if it's because I am in better shape or if it's just a better machine thing.  Either way I did okay.
After the elliptical I went to the recumbent cross trainer and put in 40 minutes.  I met this older gal named LeAnn who inspired me today.  She is 71 and has had MS since the 1960's and has been going to the gym the last couple of months 6 days a week.  She can't walk very far but the exercising helps her.  I also learned that her husband of over 50yrs has Dementia and is child like now.  Not only does she have her own disease to deal with but she is caring for her husband on her own full time...wow.  She is a strong independent woman and I hope I'm that strong when I'm her age.
I always feel good when I leave the gym and glad that I went but it's definitely a struggle to get there some days.  I was super happy that Mike won Biggest Loser tonight.... he looked awesome.  It just amazes me the strength and determination some people have .  I want to look back on March 1st 2011 and be able to say "I'm down 100lbs".  It's a large goal but it is realistic at 2lbs a week in a years time 100lbs is a good goal.  I have my 5 and 10 pound little goals to work towards the big one.  Well it was a good day and now it's time to get headed for bed.  Hope you had a great day!

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 40 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 5/24/2010: 3302 calories burned, 8823 steps, 32 min moderate exercise and 0 min vigorous exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment