Thursday, May 27, 2010

Last Day of School... no gym

Well today was the last day of the school year so it was a long busy day dealing with the heat.  I was up and off to work ready to make it through this day.  I was surprised at how calm the kids on the bus were today.  The last day of school is all about cleaning and final paperwork.
After morning route I took the bus to the car wash and spent like 45 minutes washing outside and underneath and I have a city route I sure feel sorry for those with country routes.  Sweeping, Mopping, washing the bus seats and working on windows followed with lots of sweating along the way.
We had an extra run today when the high school released at half day.  It was a busy day with as many breaks to cool off as needed to keep from over heating.  We were served papa johns pizza for lunch which was good and bad both... tasted good  but very bad on calories and fat.  I pushed fluids and felt better today than yesterday but sure wish I could have gone to the gym.  It was probably a good idea I didn't go because I think I would have left there sick.
Tomorrow morning I will be at work at 6am and finish the cleaning on my bus while it's cooler.  After that it's AC in the office for the remainder of my work day.  I am a little worried about my numbers this summer as the bulk of my work time will be office time sitting in a chair. When I start training new hires I will be on my feet more but that won't be right away.  At least during the year I am back and forth to my bus several times during the day.  I plan to work from 6-2pm daily and would like to hit the gym immediately following work as much as possible.  I may just have to do longer workouts to compensate for sitting the majority of the day.
Well anyway my numbers for today won't be as good as the last couple of days but not totally horrible either.  I hope all is well with everyone and that you are striving for your goals whatever they may be.  Have a great evening!

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 40 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 5/26/2010: 3829 calories burned, 13243 steps,  42 min moderate exercise and 39 min vigorous exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment