Friday, May 7, 2010

Ouch my knees!!!

Good Evening!  It has been a long day but a good one.  Although we said goodbye to Sasha today the funeral was beautiful and so was the weather.  I am so proud of my son Levi, he has grown so much over the last couple of years.  Sasha we love you and miss you already.
When we arrived at the funeral home I got out of the vehicle and stepped in a pot hole and fell.  I fell on knees very hard and scraped them up and banged them up pretty good.  My knees are now swollen and achy and I can barely walk.  I think had I put them up and iced them after falling they wouldn't be so bad but standing for so long at the funeral etc didn't help them.  When I came home I parked myself in the recliner and now stiffness has taken over my knees....Ibuprofen take me away....lol.  I'm hoping that they feel better tomorrow and boy am I glad that I don't have to work in the morning. 
During this whole hospital adventure I managed to gain weight because of my eating and lack of exercise... now I need to make up for lost time.  I'm finding myself drinking soda pop again...because it was convenient when I was out of town.  Comfort foods have also wormed their way back in to my life a little... not real bad but still.  I need to take a deep breath and find the path that I temporarily stepped off of.  So here is my request.... ask me how I'm doing in a week, keep me on my toes and encourage me to pick up where I left off.  Once I get going again I know I will be fine but it will help me to know I have friends to be accountable to in the mean time. 

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 40 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 5/6/2010: 2858 calories burned, 5364 steps, 22 min moderate exercise and 0 min vigorous exercise

1 comment:

  1. Oh it must be in the air. lol After not drinking soda for 2 1/2 I've started again. Not as bad as before and the cookie monster has returned from vacation. ha ha. I'm scared to weigh in too because after all that running my feet are tost again. this is why I keep starting and stopping. My left foot has been hurting since Wed in a different spot and can hardly walk on the big toe. :( Just when I get going my body hates me :( we need the push back and forth to keep us going :) sorry about the knees looks like it's an ice day for both of us. :) have a great day tomorrow.
    "B"

    ReplyDelete