Friday, April 23, 2010

Achy Knees

After all the rain we had yesterday I was concerned we were going to have a lot of flooding today but other than some morning showers it's been a fairly nice day.  I was up early this morning so I could make it to work on time via the long way to town because of flooded roads.
After morning route instead of working in the office I went to the preschool (3 and 4 yr olds) and taught bus safety instructions and evacuation procedures to all of the morning students.  I haven't done that in a while and really enjoy spending time with suck a great group of students.
On break I did 7 miles on the bike and the rest of the hour on the cross trainer. I'm thinking I would have been better off walking on the treadmill for a few before going to the bike.  My knees were fine at the time but later swelled a bit and hurt a lot.  I put some Bio-freeze on them and it helped some.  I would like to get 2 hours of exercise in tomorrow so I will do like I did last week and just keep rotating machines.
Late afternoon I began just feeling really down and depressed.  This isn't good for me... it's something I battle but it is amplified these days.  It's strange how one minute I can laugh at a joke and be totally cool and then 20 minutes later I'm upset and depressed and thinking about my son and his daughter..  I've done a good job keeping myself in check at work and not being too emotional. 
I've been doing good with my water but I did forget to eat this morning and had to make it up a little later.  I know it's just because my mind is wandering when I'm not busy.  Well I hope everyone had a great day.

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 30 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 4/22/2010: 3997 calories burned, 11875 steps, 1 hr 7 min moderate exercise and 23 min vigorous exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment