Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Stressed Out



Yesterday and today have not been very good.  I have been extremely stressed out and doing good to just function.  Yesterday was spent waiting all day for MRI results to come back for my grand daughter and when they did the results weren't good.  We spent the afternoon and evening in shock, tears, sadness, fear followed by numbness.  To make a long story short son sons little girl is in heart failure and had a double stroke on Friday when she had trouble breathing and turned blue.  As a consequence she now has brain damage and it's doubtful she will qualify for a heart transplant.






The Dr.'s want her to rest and recuperate until next Tuesday when they do another MRI to get a better view of the extent of her brain damage.  Then Wednesday they will do the Chest Cath to look at her heart and find out what our options will be from there.  My son and I came home today to tie down some loose ends and get ready for another long week to come.
After a major headache and short sleep night we spent over 6 hrs in the car driving home.  I am returning to work for Thurs Fri and Mon then we are off to St Louis Childrens Hospital again.  That will give my son time to make work and college arrangements.  I got home and am just absorbing right now.



My numbers the last few days have not been positive but while I'm home I am making a promise to myself to do the best I can to work some of this stress out and work on myself a bit.  I need to mentally and physically prepare for whats to come.   I will weigh in tomorrow morning and see if I have maintained or gained weight this last week. 





Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 30 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 4/20/2010: 2682 calories burned, 4385 steps, 23 min moderate exercise and 0 min vigorous exercise

2 comments:

  1. Cheri, Please know that there are many many people that are praying for Sasha, Levi AND you! I'm so sorry that things are so hard right now. It's got to be so hard to see that precious little girl and your son in such distress. Please look to the ultimate source for comfort and have faith. You will receive the strength you need to support your family through this difficult time. Love to you from the Davis'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheri, What a cute little girl and hansome son. I'm still hoping and praying for the best. Love ya Becky

    ReplyDelete