Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wedding Reception Calories

Last night I posted on Facebook that I was planning to be up and at the gym by 8AM this morning...well it didn't happen.  I was awake but my daughter didn't get up so I didn't bother her and apparently she was awake and thought the same about me so we were both in our rooms waiting for the other to come out...lol.   We both came out around 8:30 and just didn't have time to make it in town exercise and back for shower before she had to go to work.
I spent my morning on the computer trying to make homemade graduation announcements for Janaya.  Those things are expensive so Walmart.com it is for us.  This is my second child graduating and next year I will have another. 
Janessa had bowling league this morning so on the way home from picking her up I had my husband drop me off and I walked home.  The weather was perfect for me...upper 50's  and breezy.  I got in over 30 min of good walking so I figured that was better than nothing. I tend to really struggle to meet my targets on the weekend because I try to sleep in and become a couch potato. 
After my walk I colored my hair which needed it badly as i had way too many grays showing.  I feel much more refreshed and look younger already.
My Hubby's best friend "D" got married the other day and had the reception this evening at 5pm which was a lot of fun.  My calorie intake for the day was horrible because they fed us pulled pork sandwiches with homemade bbq sauce, baked beans with chunks of bacon and polish sausage and shoe string cheesy potato casserole...yiks!! OMG was it good but I was almost sick just thinking about the calories.  On top of that you have the cake, punch and nuts etc.  The good thing was they had a dance so I got a few of the calories worked back off from dinner.  Maybe my calories overall won't be completely bad  since I was doing really good before the reception. It's only one day and it was worth it.
My day went fast and I didn't get much done but I did get that long walk in so I'm still proud to have made the effort to get exercise in when it would have been much easier to just skip it for the day.  It's bedtime and kids are still awake so no Easter Bunny until they are down for the night. 

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 30 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 4/2/2010: 3367 calories burned, 6705 steps, 29 min moderate exercise and 27 min vigorous exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment