Sunday, April 18, 2010

A little but not a lot

Well good evening it has been a very long and tiring day today.  We were in Kansas City at Childrens Mercy Hospital and didn't get to bed until quite late last night.  The bed at the hospital was a sleep number bed of some sort.  First of all its been a long time since I have slept on a twin bed and second I had to keep letting air our because I thought I was gonna roll off the bed.  It felt like I was on a beach ball...lol. 
I was up at 7am to go see my grand daughter and get started for the day.  Over all she had a better day today than yesterday.  She was transferred to St. Louis around mid-day and is stable and doing best that can be expected at this time.  Please keep the Prayers coming.
Anyway I was bugging out early in the day because I knew I would get any exercise in so while I was waiting for them to prep her for transport I walked in place and kept rocking back and forth from heels to toes.  Any little thing I could do to stimulate a calorie burn without drawing a lot of attention to myself...lol.  I did pretty good for that little bit of time but then we got in the car and I spent 4 1/2hrs driving to st. Louis and that ruined what I had started. 
Diet was not as good as it should be.... not eating for long periods of time then eating too much of a good thing which actually means too much of a bad thing.  I guess it's a good thing I got 4 hrs in the last couple of days.  Maybe tomorrow I will tour this hospital... it's huge and there are 12 floors to explore.  The area outside around the hospital is not the greatest area so I won't be walking outside.
Well it's time for me to try and get some sleep so I can be up for rounds at 6:30am.  We are sleeping in the parents lounge with 10 or 12 other people...hope I can sleep.

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 30 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 4/17/2010: 4556 calories burned, 16177 steps, 1hr 11 min moderate exercise and 1 hr 12 min vigorous exercise

1 comment:

  1. We are thinking of you and sending our prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete