Saturday, April 17, 2010

I amazed myself today

When I woke up this morning I wasn't so sure that I was going to be able to exercise for two hours straight.  My daughter Janessa had bowling league from 10-12 this morning and I planned to exercise while she was there.  I almost psyched myself out of going.  I was worried.  Yesterday was the first day of working out for two hours and today I was gonna have to do it all at once without taking a break.

Here is what I did:
35 min on treadmill (speed 3.2)
10 min on hand bike (URB)
20 min on recumbent bike (4 miles resistance 5)
20 min on recumbent cross trainer (resistance 6)
15 min recumbent bike (3 miles resistance 6)
20 min on treadmill (speed 3.2)

I left feeling tired but good.  Then I got to thinking about tomorrow and wondering if I could do it three days in a row.  After the gym my daughter and I ran some errands and arrived home around 2:30 ish. 
About 3:30pm my son called and said his daughter had been flown from Emporia to Kansas City and wasn't doing well and that tomorrow they were transferring her to St. Louis.  We both had a couple of loose ends to take care of then we headed for KC where we are now.  She is in heart failure and they don't know if they will be able to repair her valve or if she will have to have a heart transplant.  Any questions or comments about her please send directly to my email : luvmybus@att.net . Please say lots of prayers for her.
Over all I had a really good day and truly amazed myself that I did 2 hrs exercise yesterday by myself as well as 2 hrs straight today by myself.  I guess I need to learn to have more faith in myself.  Well unfortunately there is no gym here at the hospital so I will only gets steps in tomorrow and it's going to be a long day.  Goodnight all!

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 30 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 4/16/2010: 4795 calories burned, 18084 steps, 1hr 28 min moderate exercise and 1 hr 19 min vigorous exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment