Friday, April 30, 2010

Made my step target today

Well let me see....long day, stressful day, tired, ready to go home but glad I'm here.  That about sums it up.  Today was good overall, a bit emotional at times but came through strong.  I'm glad I'm here with my son and his daughter but sure wish we didn't have to be here. 
I told you yesterday that I was going to get on that bike in the laundry room here at the house where we are staying... it didn't happen.  I tried the bike but the peddle was messed up so that was out... got on the elliptical and did a couple minutes but it is so old and loud and don't think my knees are ready for the one here.  Maybe next week I will try the one at the gym. I am stiff and achy from all the sitting and lack of exercise.... I need my gym!   I have to say that I did make a couple of my targets today... walking back and forth between the hospital and the house definitely helped with that. 
I am also proud to say that I ate fruit and veggies today along with my meals.  When some of the meals are provided you eat what is given so food choice wasn't always the best but I did make sure and eat my fruits and veggies.  I did notice however that I wasn't drinking nearly as much water today so now while I'm here I need to concentrate on my water and fruits and veggies and just do the best with what I have.
I have met so many wonderful people while I've been here and I know that if it wasn't for friends and Heavenly Father I wouldn't be coping as well as I have been. 

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 40 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 4/29/2010: 2917 calories burned, 6709 steps, 42 min moderate exercise and 0 min vigorous exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment