Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Listening to my body

Okay so it's Wednesday and still no real exercise going on here.  I am still not up to par so I did not go to the gym.  I'm still have pressure and pain in my lower back and abdomen with spasms.  As much as I hate it I had to listen to my body and take yet another day off.  The walking I got in was just what I did at work.
After my morning route and office shift I came home on break and fell asleep in the recliner.  I have just been so tired these days trying to fight all this.  I've kept my water bottle handy everywhere I go and trying to continue to push fluids.  I took my gym clothes so that if I was up to it after work I could go walk on the treadmill, but I just wasn't up to it.  I have now been on meds for 24 hrs so maybe tomorrow will be the turning point on the illness and I will start improving.
I spent my evening at church watching the Cub Scouts shoot off their homemade rockets.  That was a lot of fun!  The boys all did a really good job but as usual have way too much energy for their own good.  "J" is so good with all them boys and is so dedicated, I love her.  I admire her for everything she does.  By the time we finished and I waited for the Boy Scouts to finish it was 8:30 pm. 
It's been a very long day but overall not a bad day.  I'm looking forward to being on the mend and getting back to the routine I was getting settled into.  Well hope everyone had a great day.

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 30 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 4/13/2010: 3207 calories burned, 6845 steps, 23 min moderate exercise and 0 min vigorous exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment