Saturday, April 10, 2010

Great Day for a Walk

What a great day for the MS walk.  I got to sleep in until 7:30am this morning.... 9 would have been better.  I usually sleep in until around 9 am on Saturdays to make up for lack of sleep during the week. 
I arrived and got Registered for the walk at 9am this morning.  Shortly there after my nerves started taking over because I didn't know if this was s short 2 mile walk or something as long as 10 miles etc. I was pleased to hear that if we wanted to do the short walk it was one lap that they had marked off and the long one was two laps.  I think their distance was off but based on what they said one lap was 2 miles and two laps was 4 miles.  When I completed the second lap I thought to myself.... do one more... so I did.  I was so proud of myself for going that extra lap especially when I didn't have to.
After the walk they fed us Pizza Ranch pizza and handed out door prizes.  I was the first name drawn and won two $10 gift certificates to Carlos O Kelly's.  I'm excited about that because it has been forever since I have been there. 
After the walk I came home and fell asleep in the recliner....gee that didn't help my numbers for the day.  I'm still battling this head cold and bronchitis so I guess I needed the sleep.  Then I watched my youngest son play the wii.  After that my chihuahua went into labor and I have been cooped up in the bedroom with her all afternoon and evening sitting on the bed with a pad and playing mid-wife.  It's 11:22pm and we have only had two pups.  She has had a long slow labor so far and I was hoping to be to bed by midnight, but thats not looking good at this point.
My eating hasn't been great today and although I did the walk I haven't done anything else today so my numbers aren't as awesome as I was hoping for.  Oh well another day.  I'm tired  but really glad I participated today and I plan to find as many Cause walks as possible to participate in.

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 30 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 4/9/2010: 4090 calories burned, 14440 steps, 1hr 12 min moderate exercise and 32 min vigorous exercise

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic choice on the second lap of the walk! Hope the pups all made it out safely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annelise, it was actually a third lap as everyone else chose to do either one or two but I went for three. The first pup had been under so much stress that when he was half out he stopped moving so I helped mom deliver him then got him cleaned and ruffed up and blew in his face a little... we saved him. He is now nicknamed Lucky. All three pups are alive and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Sounds like a good name for him.

    ReplyDelete