Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Step in the Right Direction

Today was a much better day from beginning to end.  I still had head and chest issues but they were getting better.  When I went to the Dr. she was as excited about my weight loss as I was and also very curious about my GWF (Go Wear Fit).  We updated my meds and she said my heart and lungs sounded fine and that the funky feelings I have been getting now and then were just from starting workout and my body adjusting.  With my Bronchitis she just said to take it easy but that all was good.
We had the fitness group from ESU come to work for a meeting today.  A few weeks back they were here to teach us about our bodies and food, what to eat etc.  Today they came back and talked about exercises and gave us a bunch of basics to follow and demonstrated some as well..
After work my daughter met me and we hit that gym.  It was really nice to be there again to be working towards a goal.  I tried to take it easy I promise but just couldn't.  I got my 30 + min on the treadmill and 15+ on the cross trainer.  I ended up with just under an hour of exercise from the gym alone.
I found out yesterday that there is a walk for MS this weekend here in Emporia so now I'm scrambling to get donations for the walk.  I'm really excited to be walking for a good cause besides my own.  When I was a teenager I used to do those walk-a-thons  every year.  It's time I start finding walks and such to do... help others have a better life while helping to improve my own health.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow!

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 30 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 4/5/2010: 3486 calories burned, 8116 steps, 42 min moderate exercise and 0 min vigorous exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment