Monday, April 26, 2010

Rocked the gym!

Well I overslept this morning because my alarm didn't go off.  I did manage to make it to work on time.  I was determined to make today a better day than the last two.  I did it!  I made today a better day.  I'm not saying that I haven't been sad or depressed or that I haven't cried some tears but I did try to stay as calm and positive as i could under the circumstances.
I hit the gym shortly after 11am and put in 2 hrs of pretty aggressive exercise.  Actually I think I may have pushed too much too hard.  I feel good but my back between my shoulders is out I think.  Hopefully it's just tight from working the muscles so much for the first time.  Here is what I got in:

40 minutes on the treadmill
10 minutes on arm bike
30 minutes on recumbent bike
30 minutes on cross trainer
10 minutes on the treadmill

I will be excited to share my numbers tomorrow with everyone.
I am proud of myself for making it back to the gym today.  I was telling a friend of mine today that I need to remember when I'm sad or depressed etc to go ahead and go to the gym because I will feel better when I leave.  There is something about accomplishing a task that I need to do for myself and my health that is very empowering.  Six months ago I had a gym membership that I was paying for and never used.  I kept paying in hopes that someday I would actually use it.  I had good intentions but didn't follow through but I knew if I canceled my membership I would probably never sign back up.
What is it about this silly armband that makes things different for someone like me?  This armband is helping me change my life and and I am so happy to have it as my daily partner.  BodyMedia Fit/ GWF where have you been all my life cuz I think I'm in love...lol.

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 40 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 4/25/2010: 2762 calories burned, 2501 steps, 5 min moderate exercise and 0 min vigorous exercise

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I am so proud of you it's only down hill from here. ICE lots of ICE and maybe some tyelonal will help the body on it's journey to the right direction :)

    ReplyDelete