Friday, April 16, 2010

I did it !!

Wow what a day.  I have been so blessed to make such wonderful friends online who both inspire and support me.  I woke up this morning feeling really good with exception to my sacroiliac which will still need attention for awhile.
While visiting with a friend who has been working extremely hard on burning her calories etc and has been putting in over 2 hrs a day and still struggling to meet her numbers I got to thinking.  I thought, if she can put in that much time in one day I should be able to also.  I decided that on my break I would put in one hour and then after work I would put in another hour.... guess what I did it and I survived!  Thanks "B" for pushing me to push myself.
It goes without saying that when I walked out of that gym this evening I had a giant grin on my face that nobody could have wiped off.  On hour one I did 35 min on the treadmill and 20 min on the bike (3 miles on bike).  On hour two I planned to do the treadmill and then another 2 miles on the bike because I wanted to beat yesterdays 4 miles.  Well I did another 35 min on the treadmill and 25 min on the bike and went 4 miles for a total of 7 miles today on a bike...yeehaw.
With the extra time I put in all of my targets were met very early including my calorie burn for the day.  I am so excited that I pushed and put in the extra time.  I'm a bit achy this evening but look forward to seeing if I can repeat this again tomorrow.  I'm so glad that I am finally feeling better and now it's time to make up for what I missed out on.  Gym you are gonna be my best friend!!

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 30 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 4/15/2010: 3778 calories burned, 11285 steps, 1hr 18 min moderate exercise and 14 min vigorous exercise

3 comments:

  1. you rock!!! great job it's a great feeling. I know how good I do during the day by how tired I am at bed time. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete