Friday, April 9, 2010

Ready for the MS Walk tomorrow

I'm excited, I'm ready!  MS walk here I come.  While I was collecting money for the walk from my co-workers I was told that the donation was $1 per mile.  Here is my issue... my largest single donation at this point is $25 so I guess I'm expected to walk 25miles tomorrow.  Not sure my body at this point could walk 25 miles and I think it would take me all weekend to walk it...lol.  I will walk to the end or until I collapse but I promise to do my very best.  I appreciate the donations I have received just wish I had time to collect more.
Today was good.  I was up at 5am and at work by 6am as usual and feeling pretty good.  I have a few new sensations after getting adjusted yesterday but feel really good.  I worked until 11am and then had lunch with a friend then headed home.  I arrived back to work early and went on a 15min walk with a co-worker.  The weather was great again today, I don't mind the extreme wind because it helps keep me cool when walking.
After work I walked next door to Emporia Fitness and enjoyed a nice fast paced walk on the tread mill and the cross trainer.  I think Monday I will try one of the other machines, just worry about my knees as they are in really bad shape.  I need to start doing different machines if I plan to keep improving. 
I don't know how fast most people loose in the first few weeks but I am slow and steady and I would like to be down 30lbs by mid June.  I think that is a reasonable goal to set based on my stats so far in this journey.  I want to look and feel better when I go to School Bus Road-e-o on June 14th.  I have one award to receive and plan to win another one during the contest.  After looking back at last years pictures it will be nice to see some visible improvement when I compare photos.

Here are yesterdays final numbers:

Targets set by Armband: 3303 calories burned, 8000 steps, 30 min moderate exercise and 10 min vigorous

Actual for 4/8/2010: 3530 calories burned, 8598 steps, 59 min moderate exercise and 0 min vigorous exercise

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep on walking and your knees will start feeling better as you continue to shred the pounds. And you're right, slow and steady wins the race! Keep doing what you're doing and squeezing in those moments of exercise like the 15 min walk with a co-worker. It all adds up in the end. Great job!

    ReplyDelete